The Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental and Special Offences Unit on Thursday the Iganmu Under bridge evicting squatters at the under bridge.
According to a statement by The Chairman of the task force, CSP Shola Jejeloye, the Lagos state government intend to put the space up for better use.
“Occupants of the Iganmu underbridge were informed to leave the area six months ago before they were eventually served a 72 -hour removal notice on Monday. Government agencies, including the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, Lagos Waste Management Agency, LASPARK and security agencies have been mandated to take possession of the area for cleaning up and management of the area.”
The task force boss added that the move by the government would quell criminal activities in the area.
“Clearing of the place and dislodgement of squatters will bring to an end the incessant traffic robberies, indiscriminate parking of trucks, environmental nuisance and selling of hard drugs in the area. The State Government will sustain this place. All those illegal activities; and this area serving as hideouts for criminals will no longer be allowed.”
The Lagos state government had earlier issued a quit notice to the occupants of the under bridge. The occupants were given three days notice to evacuate the area.
NPA reacts to shutting down of Obinikoro Park
The Nigerian Port Authority (NPA) said the M.O.B Integrated Services Limited Pre-gate truck park located at the second gate of the Tin-Can Island Port was locked down in error.
According to the Chief Executive Officer of M.O.B Integrated, Mr. Tokunbo Ezekwe, he said that his facility was accused of some infractions which NPA could not explain.
Ezekwe also said that the matter has been resolved as the NPA management, after the investigations, did not find the firm involved in any infraction hence the park was reopened after five days of closure.
He explained that for that period that the truck park was shut, it lost several millions of Naira. Confirming the development, the Port Manager of the Tin-Can Island Ports, Mr. Yunusa Ibrahim said that the facility was actually shut due to some suspicion of electronic ticket racketeering.
Ibrahim also said that after a thorough investigation, M.O.B Integrated Services was found not to have been involved in the matter.
“We were trying to do check and balance, we suspected some infractions and for that reason, we asked them to close down but when we found out that M.O.B was not involved we reopened it.”
Recall that the M.O.B Integrated Services Limited Pre-gate truck park located at the second gate of the Tin-Can Island Port for an alleged electronic call-up (e-call-up) infraction for over a week.
Car News2 years ago
Polestar is recalls over 2000 electric cars due to software bug
AVIATION2 years ago
Photo News: Air Peace commence flight operations to South Africa
Car News3 years ago
Suzuki’s 2020 V-Strom 1050 goes high-tech in high style
AUTO STAKEHOLDER2 years ago
FRSC COMMENCES ENFORCEMENT OF NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER IN DRIVER’S LICENCE PROCESSING
WHEELSCLINIC6 years ago
Chinese-built railway turns tourist attractions in Kenya
Technology2 years ago
Common mistakes in CO₂ emissions calculations
Car News3 years ago
Super rich Banana Island residents set for new X7
Classic Cars6 years ago
Range Rover mark decades of peerless design